Re: Service not starting during install

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Service not starting during install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Frank Featherlight wrote:

> When I finally found a way around this, I tried to start the service via
> Administrative Tools (Services), it gives the following error: "The
> PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3-service on Local Computer has been started
> and stopped. Some services stop automatically when they have nothing to do,
> like Performance Logs and Alerts-service. (translated from dutch)

What do PostgreSQL's logs say? It should be logging startup and shutdown
information somewhere. Find your postgresql.conf and it will tell you where.

Also, you said:

> This is a problem since the installation won't finalize without
> starting the service and so it cancels and uninstalls everything.

So, does that mean you did manage to install PG? What did you do
differently?

> I installed this package:
> http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/postgresql.zip
> Using postgresql-8.3.msi.

What is that package? Not got time to download 20GB, unzip it and
individually identify each file.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd