Re: When adding millions of rows at once, getting out of disk space errors

От Mike Christensen
Тема Re: When adding millions of rows at once, getting out of disk space errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ooo good call, the account is part of the "Users" group which has a quota:

The users will have the following disk quota:
    Disk space limited to 1024 MB
    Warning sent at 900 MB

Which is the exact size of the database..

However, anyone have a clue on how to change this?  This is Windows Server 2003 SBS, I'm not an expert <g>

Bill Moran wrote:

I have well over 50 gigs free on that drive..  I doubt it.
I'm not aware of that error having false-positives associated with it.

Common confusion on this point could result from having quotas enabled,
or possibly you're running out of space, then when you check free space
(after the error has occurred) the space has already been reclaimed from
the failed transaction and therefore it looks like you have plenty of
free space, but it disappears when you're running the process.

Also, 2x check that Postgres' data files are on the same partition as
where you've got the 50G free (I've made that mistake more than once)

If none of those help, provide more details.  Based on the detail level
you've provided, you've run out of disk space.