Re: Download link for 'Bristlecone'

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Download link for 'Bristlecone'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Abdul Rahman wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I searched a lot but failed to find any download link for Bristlecone. Kindly help me. Or let me know about any open
sourceLoad Tester for PostgreSQL based application.
> Ashish, according to my search Bristlecone is open source. Thanks in advance.

Sorry - never heard of Bristlecone.

You might want to start with "pgbench" which is in the contrib/
directory of the source distribution:
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/pgbench.html
Make sure you read the manual page above, and also search the
mailing-list archives for tips on how to get useful information from it.

You might also be interested in the sourceforge DBT project
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/osdldbt/
Read this msg first though, there is more up-to-date code available than
the sf.net download page.
  http://archives.postgresql.org/pdxpug/2008-12/msg00010.php

Really though, unless you're doing this as part of an academic paper
you'll want to write your own test cases. It doesn't matter whether
PostgreSQL is fast or slow on the tests above, what matters is how it
performs *for your purposes*. The only way to test that is to generate
the sort of data and workload that you plan to have.

Oh, and it's very easy to end up with data that tells you nothing
useful. Make sure your tests are long enough, and that they're not too
sensitive to minor changes in configuration or load.

HTH

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Strange Grant behavior in postgres 8.3
От: Gerd König
Сообщение: Re: Download link for 'Bristlecone'