Re: The science of optimization in practical terms?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: The science of optimization in practical terms?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:
> have a second count that assumes the last
> 2*shared_buffers evicted are also still cached.
Perhaps it would be better to assume that the external cache is
effective_cache_size - shared_buffers?  Of course, we would need to
have some heuristics to cover odd settings (like effective_cache_size
less than shared_buffers).
-Kevin

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: The science of optimization in practical terms?
От: "BogDan Vatra"
Сообщение: Re: SE-PostgreSQL and row level security