Re: StandbyAcquireAccessExclusiveLock doesn't necessarily

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: StandbyAcquireAccessExclusiveLock doesn't necessarily
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-09-11 12:18:59 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Doesn't matter: startup would hit a lock conflict and cancel the pg_dump
>> to get out of it, long before approaching locktable full.

> Only if all that's happening in the same database, which is far from a
> given.

Well, there remains the fact that we've seen no field reports that seem
to trace to failure-to-acquire-AEL since 9.6 came out.  So arguing that
this *could* be a probable scenario fails to comport with the available
evidence.

My inclination is to fix it as I've suggested and wait to see if there
are field complaints before expending a whole lot of effort to create
a better solution.  In any case, I am not willing to create that better
solution myself, and neither is Robert; are you?

Сообщение: Re: StandbyAcquireAccessExclusiveLock doesn't necessarily
Сообщение: Re: StandbyAcquireAccessExclusiveLock doesn't necessarily