Re: dissimilar drives in Raid10 , does it make difference ?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: dissimilar drives in Raid10 , does it make difference ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Matthew Wakeling wrote:

> In fact, it is recommended that two different types of drives are used.
> That way, if there's a mass failure of a whole batch of drives from one
> particular vendor, you don't lose all your data.

Don't think this is just paranoia, either. I've had it happen to me
SEVERAL times - either a second drive fails before I can replace the
first, or the second drive in a pair fails during rebuild onto the
replacement. I use regular RAID scrubbing, so this isn't just a case of
undetected media errors.

Nothing beats good backups.

--
Craig Ringer

Сообщение: Re: I/O increase after upgrading to 8.3.5
Сообщение: Re: I/O increase after upgrading to 8.3.5