Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1530)

Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:32 PM, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:
>> If you can help to test the patches, I recommend you to install Fedora 10
>> on your VM images, because it includes SELinux in the default and its
>> default security policy (selinux-policy-targeted) also supports
>> SE-PostgreSQL.
>>

> i only have ubuntu at hand, and i can install selinux from
> repositories... do you see any problem with that?
> i'm creating the VM now... will test on weekend...

Now I checked the repository of Ubuntu, however, I can find
several matters to build/run SE-PostgreSQL.
- The default security policy is quite old.  Is does not contain SE-PostgreSQL support which is merged  at the
refpolicy-20080702.
- The libselinux is a bit old. It does not contains several  symbols required by SE-PostgreSQL, so it is not possible
tocompile.

If you set up a VM from scratch, Fedora enables to install
via remote repository using minimum bootable image.
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/i386/iso/

I don't think it is not a essential for you to resolve troubles
related to SELinux on Ubuntu.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>