Re: Database corruption help

От John Lister
Тема Re: Database corruption help
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>Please send to pgsql-hackers --- I'd like to get more eyeballs on this.>There's no personally identifiable
informationhere except that you've>got a table named temp_queue that you've repeatedly TRUNCATEd or>CLUSTERed or some
such(likely the former since the reltuples counts>are all zero). It'd be useful to know exactly what you were
doing>withit, though.>> regards, tom lane

More info as requested....

TEMP_QUEUE is used continously throughout the day (for some reason which
i chose not to use a normal temp table) data is grouped and inserted
from other tables, before being processed, and you are right the table
is then truncated before repeating - this happens at least once a minute
throughout the day..

After restarted following the pg_resetxlog, i noticed that the
temp_queue table was missing (had been created a day ago). I couldn't
select from it and had problems trying to recreate it (bits seemed to
exist already). I couldn't see it in pg_class or the other catalogs, but
after selecting to ignore the presumably corrupt indexes it appeared so
i manually removed the references (I've since learned about the -P
option to the server which may have helped here). The corruption in
pg_class manifested itself as multiple rows (for this and another table)
with the same OIDs

So not sure at what point what if anything got corrupted and what my
subsequent actions did to compound this..

Thanks

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Which installation parts are backward compatible?
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: per-database locale: createdb switches