Re: GIN fast insert database hang

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: GIN fast insert database hang
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This freezes the whole system even with autovacuum = off in
> postgresql.conf.  As before, the backends wait on a semop() call.
Fixed. There was a deadlock of LockBufferForCleanup and LockBuffer(SHARE).
Redesign that place to downgrade  LockBufferForCleanup to LockBuffer(EXCLUSIVE)
with correction of page's locking during scan of pending list.

> I was able to reproduce the recovery failure this way once as well,
> but that part of the problem seems to be much more erratic.  Most of
Fixed too. I missed comments on XLogInsert:
  * NB: this routine feels free to scribble on the XLogRecData structs,
  * though not on the data they reference.  This is OK since the XLogRecData
  * structs are always just temporaries in the calling code.

and I reused once initialized XLogRecData many times in a loop.
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: DISCARD ALL failing to acquire locks on pg_listen
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_migrator and handling dropped columns