Re: SE-PostgreSQL and row level security

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: SE-PostgreSQL and row level security
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
BogDan Vatra wrote:
> I've tested you patch in windows and in linux and it just work, it's a
> killer feature. I have to tank you and all who worked on this.
> On windows I have one little problem, mingw does not have "strtok_r"
> function and I have to add it myself (see attached file).

Indeed, I could not find "strtok_r" in any other implementation.
PostgreSQL adopts multi-processes model, so it might not be necessary
to use thread safe interface.

> A message for postgresql decision board:
>
>    Dear postgresql hackers, if I can do something to push row level acl
> for 8.4 please tell me, I do anything to have this feature, it will
> help me, and I hope many others, this feature will help to develop
> client to postgres applications without a server application or tones
> of triggers and viewers.

I can understand your pains and you want the row-level security stuffs
to be merged within the vanilla v8.4. However, I would like you to
understand we don't have infinite time to review proposed features
for the upcoming v8.4.
Thus, I separated a few features (including row-level facility) to
reduce the scale of patches, and the dieted patches are now under
reviewing.
If we change our strategy *from now*, it will break anything. :(

At least, I'll provide row-level facilities (both DAC and MAC) for the
first CommitFest of v8.5 development cycle. It might not be the best
for you, but it is better than nothing in v8.4.

Thanks,