Re: Two-phase commmit, plpgsql and plproxy

От Igor Katson
Тема Re: Two-phase commmit, plpgsql and plproxy
Дата
Re: Two-phase commmit, plpgsql and plproxy  (Mark Roberts <mailing_lists@pandapocket.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 00:57 +0300, Igor Katson wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Jeff. That's not good news, cause I am not able to do that.
>>

> There may be some creative solution, but I don't know plproxy well
> enough to suggest one.
>

>> The postgres manual says, that
>> " The intended usage of the feature is that a prepared transaction will
>> normally be committed or rolled back as soon as an external transaction
>> manager has verified that other databases are also prepared to commit. "
>>
>> So does this "external transaction manager" exist? I am not clear about
>> what it is.
>>

> PostgreSQL does not provide a transaction manager.
>
> When you are dealing with multiple databases, the transaction manager
> needs to make decisions like "this transaction failed on one node,
> therefore we need to roll all the other transactions back".
>
> I think you are basically trying to make plproxy into the transaction
> manager. You might get some better suggestions from people who know
> plproxy well.

Thanks, Jeff. Googling smth like "postgresql transaction manager" does
not give any nice result. It seems, that the one just does not exist.
Hope, plproxy developers will answer smth. considering this problem.