Re: DISCARD ALL failing to acquire locks on pg_listen

От Matteo Beccati
Тема Re: DISCARD ALL failing to acquire locks on pg_listen
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom,

>> Given I was using 8.3, it seemed quite right to set the reset statement
>> to "ABORT; DISCARD ALL". Everything works fine, until a load spike
>> happens and pgpool-II reset queries start to lag behind, with DISCARD
>> ALL failing to acquire an exclusive locks on the pg_listen system table,
>> although the application isn't using any LISTEN/NOTIFY. The reason was
>> not obvious to me, but looking at the man page explained a lot: DISCARD
>> ALL also performs an "UNLISTEN *".
>
> Seems like we could/should fix UNLISTEN * to not do anything if it is
> known that the current backend never did any LISTENs.

Ok, I'll take sometime tonight to give my patch a try and eventually
submit it.

Cheers

--
Matteo Beccati

OpenX - http://www.openx.org

От: "Jonah H. Harris"
Сообщение: Re: Optimization rules for semi and anti joins
Сообщение: Re: Optimization rules for semi and anti joins