Re: createdb.exe and psql.exe without Promting Password

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: createdb.exe and psql.exe without Promting Password
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Iñigo Barandiaran wrote:
> Thank you all!
>
> and Thanks Sam for the explanation about environment variable. I didn't
> know about that :)
>
> I've also tried the option of  .pgpass file, that as far as I understand
> in Windows is pgpass.conf. I did a file containing only this line
>
> /*/:/*///:/*///:/MyPostgres///User/:MyPostgres://Password

If you want to run psql logged into your machine as "inigo" and connect
to "mydb1" as user "pguser1" with password "pass1" then the line should be:

  localhost:5432:mydb1:pguser1:pass1

You might want some stars in there

  *:*:*:pguser1:pass1

> /I put this file in:
> c:\MyPosgreInstalation  and   c:\MyPosgreInstalation\bin and
> c:\MyPosgreInstalation\data and
> C:\Documents and Settings\postgres\Application Data\

If you are logged into your machine as "inigo" it would go into:

C:\Documents and Settings\inigo\Application Data\postgresql\pgpass.conf

If you logged into your machine as user "richard" you would need to
create a new pgpass.conf file and put it in richard's "Application Data"
folder.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd