Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ITAGAKI Takahiro escreveu:
> 1. fillfactor.* options are silently ignored when the table doesn't have
>    toast relation. Should we notice the behabior to users?
>    ex. NOTICE: toast storage parameters are ignored
>                because the table doesn't have toast relations.

It was discussed and rejected [1].

> I think we should show toast.* parameters in \d+ for base tables
> because it has consistency; we set them at ALTER TABLE for base tables.

+1. That's because the psql patch was applied _before_ the namespace patch. It
seems we will need to hardcode the namespace notion at psql code.

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-02/msg00042.php

--  Euler Taveira de Oliveira http://www.timbira.com/

От: Amit Gupta
Сообщение: Re: Table Partitioning Feature
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: temporarily stop autovacuum