Re: Searching a gin index

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Searching a gin index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
James Dooley wrote:

> Now everything is working, I added my config to
>
> plainto_tsquery('my_config', 'cars')
>
> and I get results back. I find that strange though since I set the default
> to be by config, but appearantly that was just temporary and for the PID
> that changed it. Running from my app seemed to keep using the old
> configuration.

Not quite clear on what you mean here, but you always need to specify
the config to use a functional index. The default config when you run
the query isn't guaranteed to be the same as the default when you create
the index. Actually, you can change it mid-transaction if you like.

If you want to set the default permanently do something like "ALTER
DATABASE mydb SET .... = ..."

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd