Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
>> not trying to make sure that cron-driven
>> scripts can do anything autovacuum can.
>>

> I'm not in favour of limiting our capability to internal actions only.
> If we add a capability for scheduling work, we can easily make it
> capable of scheduling many kinds of work.
>
> Writing an application maintenance utility in PL/pgSQL is much better
> than having to write it for all the different servers an application may
> need to run on. We can't ignore that many people use Windows.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Windows has a scheduler (in my
setup, that's how my buildfarm members run). And there are third party
cron utilities as well.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables
Сообщение: Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables