Re: White paper on very big databases

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: White paper on very big databases
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Jonah,

> IIRC, EnterpriseDB had one customer with over 1TB of data, but they too
> would have been hush-hush about it.  When I was consulting, I saw very
> few Postgres databases at or over 1TB.  While Postgres can handle fairly
> large data sets, it lacks some fairly important VLDB features which is
> probably why there are so few people with multi-terabyte PG databases.
> Perhaps JD/Fetter know of more, but I can count the ones I know of at < 10.

Odd, I worked on a bunch of multi-TB databases, one of them 75TB.

However, I'd agree that for *most* VLDB purposes, specialty DBMSes are
generally a better choice.  We tend to fill in when someone needs hybrid
OLTP/DW functionality.

--Josh

Сообщение: Re: White paper on very big databases
Сообщение: Re: White paper on very big databases