Re: case sensitive db name?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: case sensitive db name?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Finneid wrote:
> I have a case sensitivity problem I dont understand.
>
> On a Solaris 10 with pg 8.2.6 (Sun build) I get problems when I do a
> CREATE DATABASE with a db name with case.
>
> On a Kubuntu machine with pg 8.2.7 it is not a problem.
>
> More specifically the problem arises after the CREATE DATABASE, it
> occurs when I try to connect to the newly created database.

You are creating one database with its name quoted, or accessing it that
way. PostgreSQL folds identifiers to lower-case unless you quote them,
in which case it leaves them alone.

CREATE DATABASE Test1   => test1
CREATE DATABASE TEST1   => test1
CREATE DATABASE "Test1" => Test1

Oh - most recent 8.2 is 8.2.11. too.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

От: "Dann Corbit"
Сообщение: Re: SELECT on a table with Time values