Re: Crash of Postgresql on Windows

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Crash of Postgresql on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Emilie Laffray wrote:
> Hello,
>
> well Icouldn't turn off my antivirus since it is controlled by our IT
> management team. However, since I rebuilt the indexes, the query has
> been running fine. I don't understand what happpened. Before asking for
> help, I made sure I could repeat the problem over several reboots.

It's not impossible you have found a bug in PostgreSQL's code. However,
I can't think of a situation where rebuilding an index would fail once
then work fine after a reboot. Not if your hardware is working OK.

I would contact your IT team and ask them to add an exclusion for your
PostgreSQL directories though. Otherwise you'll never be sure what is
causing any crashes.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd