Re: Crash of Postgresql on Windows

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Crash of Postgresql on Windows
Дата
Re: Crash of Postgresql on Windows  (Emilie Laffray <emilie.laffray@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Emilie Laffray wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am sending this email since I am hitting a snag with postgresql. I
> am currently running the following version of postgresql:
> Postgresql 8.3.5 on Windows XP Pro 32bits
>
> I am getting a crash whenever I try to perform an update on some rows.
> More precisely, I have recently imported a dataset and managed to work
> through it easily. However, when performing one update I am getting
> the following error:
>
> GMT PANIC:  could not write to log file 40, segment 44 at offset
> 8929280, length 1744896: Invalid argument

1. Can you run any other queries
   a. A SELECT
   b. A different UPDATE

2. Do you have any reason to think the filesystem may have become corrupted?

3. Do you have an antivirus scanner that might be interfering with
PostgreSQL? That frequently causes strange problems.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Crash of Postgresql on Windows
Сообщение: Re: Crash of Postgresql on Windows