Re: dict-xsyn converts word to synlist, what about backwards?

От Igor Katson
Тема Re: dict-xsyn converts word to synlist, what about backwards?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Igor Katson wrote:
>
>> On my question about doing a first name search by it's synonyms, like
>>
>> William Will Bill Billy
>> James Jim Jimmy
>>
>> Oleg answered, that I can use dict_xsyn for that.
>>
>> In the dict_xsyn manual, it is said that:
>> "This dictionary type replaces words with groups of their synonyms,
>> and so makes it
>> possible to search for a word using any of its synonyms"
>>
>> This means, that if the dictionary sees the name "William", it will
>> replace it with "William Will Bill Billy", so that I can search with
>> any of them.
>>
>> But what if the parser sees the word "Billy"? I want it to do
>> absolutely the same. If not, as far as I understand, I will make a
>> default synonym dictionary with pairs like:
>>
>> will william
>> bill william
>> billy william   etc.
>>
>> Is there a way not to use this?
>
> no, but you always can generate rules for that using other tools.

Thanks. Oleg, and what do you think about creating an xsyn dictionary
like with e.g. a python script:
William Will Bill Billy
Will William Bill Billy
Bill William Will Billy
Billy William Will Bill ?

От: Phoenix Kiula
Сообщение: Vacuums taking forever :(
От: Sam Mason
Сообщение: Re: embedded pgsql media-failure