new buildfarm client code feature release

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема new buildfarm client code feature release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
There is a new release of the buildfarm client code. It can be
downloaded from
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/2069/build-farm-3_2.tgz

Features:

. Add --find-typedefs option
. Add checking in different locales
. Add port for release 8.4,

bug fixes:

. remove XP_EXIT_FIX hack that never worked properly anyway, and is now redundant.
. Add a template temp filename per gripe from Greg Sabino Mullane.
. Work around inconsistency in File::Temp's reporting of tmp filename
. Make sure temp file is unlinked

Details:

the find-typedefs option is known to work only on Linux and Cygwin, and
probably Windows/mingw (to be tested shortly). I need people to work on
it with me for other platforms. I have not been able to locate an
objdump program that helps do this for OSX 10.5. The aim of all this is
to help get a good list fof typedefs or a working pg_indent program.
This doesn't need to be run all the time - maybe once a week would be
fine - but the more platforms we can get it run on the better. It is
enabled by the command line option --find-typedefs.

The new locales feature runs the following steps in the configured
locales: install-check, PL-install-check, contrib-installcheck. 'C' is a
required locale, and if not configured will be added in. The locales are
set upin the config file, like this:
   locales => [ qw( C en_US.utf8 french )],

cheers

andrew