Need some help converting MS SQL stored proc to postgres function

От Mike Christensen
Тема Need some help converting MS SQL stored proc to postgres function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi guys, I'm in the process of migrating my database from MS SQL 2005 to
PostgreSQL and there's one final stored proc that's giving me some
problems..  Perhaps someone can give me some help?  Here's the sproc:

  SELECT
    RecipeId, Avg(Rating) as Rating
  INTO #ratings
  FROM RecipeRatings GROUP BY RecipeId

  UPDATE Recipes
    SET Rating = #ratings.Rating FROM Recipes INNER JOIN #ratings ON
(#ratings.RecipeId = Recipes.RecipeId AND #ratings.Rating <> Recipes.Rating)

  DROP TABLE #ratings

The error is:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "#"
LINE 3:   INTO #ratings
               ^

ERROR: syntax error at or near "#"
SQL state: 42601
Character: 53

Perhaps there's a different way to create temp tables?  Even better is
if someone can re-write the query to not use the temp table, I'm far
from a SQL expert.  Thanks!!

Mike