Re: mingw check hung

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: mingw check hung
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Eventually does the crash come from the call SetEnvironemntVariable
> (.., NULL) on mingw-XP(or older?)?
> I'm also interested in this issue and want to know the cause.

The debugger shows that we actually fail on a popen() call in intdb.
However, if we replace the calls to SetEnvironmentVariable("foo",NULL)
with calls to SetEnvironmentVariable("foo","") then there is no failure.
My theory is that on XP somehow the former is corrupting the environment
such that when popen() tries to copy the environment for the new child
process, it barfs.

cheers

andrew