Re: Pet Peeves?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Pet Peeves?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martin Gainty wrote:
> PROCEDUREs *which compile into Procedure Cache* and have IN/OUT (Mode) parameters..

Do you mean that as a feature request?

If you intended to say something along the lines of: "I'd like stored
procedures, invoked using 'CALL procname(params)' syntax, as distinct
from SQL or PL/PgSQL functions" ... then I do agree that'd be handy.

Their absence could easily become a peeve, especially if you use DB
interfaces that expect to invoke stored procedures this way. Some seem
to want you to jump through some hoops (switch to "native query" mode,
declare functions to the interface, etc) to call server-side functions,
but provide a convenient interface to CALL stored procedures.

--
Craig Ringer