Re: Git conversion progress report and call for testing assistance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Git conversion progress report and call for testing assistance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 21:30, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> OK, the list works now, but the commitdiff links in the messages do
>> not. �Looks like they are pointing at the wrong repository.

> Well, actually, they point to the right one, but the mirroring off to
> that one is turned off. There are just too many different versions
> right now to keep that thing pointing the right way :-)

Oh, OK.

In any case, you asked for feedback on the message format, so here is
some: I don't like having the commitdiff link first.  I think the log
message is the most important thing and should be first.  Possible
format (based on the example I just received):

Log Message
-----------
Another experimental commit.
Undo hacking other people previously did on README.

Branch
------
REL9_0_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-migration.git;a=commitdiff;h=1add27be08978f20edb67ca5854f6701f0f6ea86

Summary
-------
README |    4 ----

You could argue it either way about whether to put the commitdiff link
before or after the change summary, but offhand I think before will be
more useful.  If there are a lot of files touched, people won't want
to have to scroll to the bottom to find the link.