Re: log_duration_sample config option patch

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: log_duration_sample config option patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Timo Savola escreveu:
> Hello.  The attached patch has made it more feasible for us to gather
> profiling data on a production system for analysis with pgFouine.  It
> has been written against PostgreSQL 8.3.5 and tested on Linux.  Comments
> welcome.

IIRC pgFouine shows exact percentage of query by type; this new GUC implies we
can not rely on it anymore. Also, you could skip us from logging long (and
bad) running queries. Another statistics data in pgFouine will suffer from the
same problem. I see your point in reducing amount of log data but I think it
will limit the tool usability (you can always start/stop statement collection
at runtime).

--  Euler Taveira de Oliveira http://www.timbira.com/