Re: Foreign Key Problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Foreign Key Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
<operationsengineer1@yahoo.com> writes:
> tom, i don't know if this is a pgadmin display issue
> or if it a pgsql issue.

The presence of a dropped column in that dropdown menu is certainly
a pgadmin bug.  I suspect that the bug may be leading to other
misbehaviors, say for instance the display of which columns reference
which might be offset by 1 because of the bogus appearance of the
dropped column in the list.  But that is strictly a guess.

You should get some pgadmin hackers involved before doing anything else.
In particular, I'd counsel against dropping the tables involved before
a fix has been verified, because it could be that there are more
contributing factors than just "you dropped a column".  If you wipe the
tables now you might be destroying evidence that is needed to fix the
bug.  (And if the bug is indeed on the backend side rather than in
pgadmin, that advice goes double.)