Re: Way to eliminate pg_dump activity from pg_stat_all ?

От Bryce Nesbitt
Тема Re: Way to eliminate pg_dump activity from pg_stat_all ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Erik Jones wrote:
>> It would be nice to get pg_dump activity out of the stats for another
>> reason --- pg_dump adds to the sequential scan activity, in a way
>> that does not represent the "typical" use of the database.
>> Essentially pg_dump is an atypical user of  the database, so it's
>> stats are "different" than the rest of the activity.
>
> It sounds like the proper wording for a feature request here would be
> something like "Disable stats collection on a per-session basis".
And based on that, I found it's possible.  I just had to teach pg_dump
to do it:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-01/msg01474.php
(we'll see if anyone else finds it useful enough to commit the patch to
postgres 8.5).

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Erik Jones
Сообщение: Re: Way to eliminate pg_dump activity from pg_stat_all ?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: array_to_string(anyarray, text) that was working in 8.1 is not working in 8.3