Re: Way to eliminate pg_dump activity from pg_stat_all ?

От Bryce Nesbitt
Тема Re: Way to eliminate pg_dump activity from pg_stat_all ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
It is not the db that's never used.  Various tables in the db are never
used. This is a database that's been continually added to and modified
for ten years -- sometimes cruft accumulates.

It would be nice to get pg_dump activity out of the stats for another
reason --- pg_dump adds to the sequential scan activity, in a way that
does not represent the "typical" use of the database.  Essentially
pg_dump is an atypical user of  the database, so it's stats are
"different" than the rest of the activity.

Erik Jones wrote:
> I doubt it.  From the server's perspective, pg_dump is just a client
> executing queries.  If the db is never used, why are you continually
> backing it up?
>
> On Dec 16, 2008, at 12:55 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>
>> But I think I'm getting clutter from the nightly backups.  Is there a
>> way to keep pg_dump activity out of the statistics? I can think of
>> several reasons to want such activity excluded, not just this one.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: