Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Дата
Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> Well, maybe we do need to go with the \df \dfS \dfU approach.
> But I'm still convinced that setting things up so that it's impossible
> to search both classes of functions together is a seriously bad idea.

Agreed -- there are times I *want* to search the system functions, and
for less-trained users they might not know the difference between UDFs
and builtin functions, especially if they've loaded a few contrib modules.

Personally, I don't care that much about what Hungarian Notation we use,
as long as we try to make it consistent with \dt, \dv, \dn etc.  My main
objection to requiring \dfU to get only user functions is that it's not
what we do with \dt.

--Josh

Сообщение: Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Сообщение: Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch