Re: [BUGS] Status of issue 4593

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [BUGS] Status of issue 4593
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> writes:
>> In what way would an application want to treat deadlocks and update
>> conflicts differently?  Both result from conflicts with concurrent
>> transactions and can be retried automatically.  It seems like an
>> implementation detail with little chance of impact on applications
>> me.  Can anyone provide a contrary example or argument?
>
> Well generally deadlocks are treated differently in that they are
treated by
> rewriting the application to not cause deadlocks.
I certainly don't propose changing the PostgreSQL error number or the
content of what is logged.  Just the SQLSTATE.  How would that make
what you suggest harder?  It would certainly allow applications and
frameworks which are SQLSTATE-aware to automatically recover from
these until the rewrite is complete, which can hardly be considered a
bad thing.
-Kevin

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Time to finalize patches for 8.4 beta
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items