Re: per-database locale: createdb switches

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: per-database locale: createdb switches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Which raises yet another question, why CTYPE and COLLATE have to be
> hardcoded settings and catalog columns instead of being stored in
> datconfig as database-startup-only settings?

Because changing CTYPE or COLLATE in an existing database would render
indexes broken.

Perhaps we could've put them in datconfig, and forbidden changing them
after CREATE DATABASE. Then again, encoding is a similar setting too,
and that's stored in a catalog column.