Re: Recovery Test Framework

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Recovery Test Framework
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> project that aims to provide it's users with useful features. We
> have two extremely useful features here (hot standby and sync
> replication) which together will make this a killer release for many
> people
Without taking any particular position on this one way or the other, I
think it's worth noting that when I gave a brief talk about my
experiences with PostgreSQL at Milwaukee BarCamp recently, and
coordinated discussion afterward, the biggest unanswered concern of
people thinking about making the move to PostgreSQL was lack of
integrated "multi-master replication".  I'm not entirely sure what
features they would need to make them feel comfortable, but it does
seem to currently be a barrier to migration for some.
To quantify, there were probably about five or six people out of about
30 in attendance who seemed particularly concerned about this issue.
-Kevin