Re: block device benchmarking

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: block device benchmarking
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Check out the work of Jens Axboe and Alan Brunelle, specifically the
> packages "blktrace" and "fio".

Thank you for these pointers, that looks pretty interesting.

> There are also some more generic filesystem benchmarks like "iozone" and
> "bonnie++".

Those are targeted at filesystems, which hide some of the disk's
characteristics I'm interested in. But thanks.

> BTW ... I am working on my blktrace howto even as I type this. I don't
> have an ETA -- that's going to depend on how long it takes me to get the
> PostgreSQL benchmarks I'm using to work on my machine. But everything
> will be on Github at
>
> http://github.com/znmeb/linux_perf_viz/tree/master/blktrace-howto
>
> as it evolves.

Cool, looking forward to reading that.

Regards

Markus Wanner

Сообщение: Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks
Сообщение: Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks