Re: Latch for the WAL writer - further reducing idle wake-ups.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Latch for the WAL writer - further reducing idle wake-ups.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I've applied the walwriter/checkpointer patch, with the mentioned
re-simplification of the logic.  While measuring that, I noticed that
the stats collector was now the biggest repeated-wakeup culprit, so
I took the time to latch-ify it as well.  AFAICS we no longer have
anything that wakes up oftener than once every five seconds when the
system is idle, so life is looking pretty good in powertop land.