pgAdmin4 - Browser command

От Mathias Mayrhofer
Тема pgAdmin4 - Browser command
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dear Developers,

Problem: The option 'Browser command' is not used when opening the first
window.

Symptom: When calling "/usr/bin/pgAdmin4" (or from the menu), it opens
it's URL in the default browser, not with the browser command, that is
configured in the "pgAdmin 4 Configuration/Runtime" menu.

Wanted behaviour: I am using firefox by default, and want to use
pgAdmin4 with chromium for better handling multiple windows. So I
configured 'Browser command' to be
'/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser %URL%' which works great
when opening a second window. The first one still opens within my
default browser.

Suggested solution: Also check the variable 'Browser command' when
opening the first default-window when starting up the pgAdmin4 process.

Version: pgAdmin 4 3.0, Linux  4.15.0-22-generic #24~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks and many greetings,
MM

PS: I still miss multiple query tool windows, but pgAdmin 3 (v 1.22.2)
takes 30 seconds to open a query window since I upgraded to Postgres 10.