new /about/sponsors page?

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема new /about/sponsors page?
Дата
Re: new /about/sponsors page?  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-www
I just noticed we got a redesigned
http://www.postgresql.org/about/sponsors a few weeks ago there are some
things I would like to mention about that one. While I don't generally
disagree with the direction this is heading towards I would really like
to coment on a few things:

* afaik there was no public discussion that I'm aware on (except for
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2008-04/msg00018.php and
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2008-08/msg00031.php both do
not seem to have any kind of conclusion)
* who is part of the mentioned "sponsorship commitee"(is that the
fundraising group, -core, -www, -advocacy or what?) and how can one
contact it(nor URL or emailaddress is provided)?
* why is the page randomly mixing PostgreSQL(platinum,gold and silver)
and postgresql.org(bronze) - the later is usually used to refer to
infrastructure stuff and the former to the software product.
* why was hub.org(and some others) dropped from the list?
* can we rephrase ">X year" as "at least X years" or such to make it
more obvious?
* do we really need that many categories? why not do what we did for the
contributor listing - ie regular contributors and major ones?
* is Fujitsu really headquarted in .au or should we actually listen
fastware as some sort of subsidiary?(this was probably wrong forever)

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: