Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> Issues (2) and (3) would go away entirely if both standby and primary
> always had the same xmin value as a system-wide setting. i.e. the
> standby and primary are locked together at their xmins. Perhaps that was
> Heikki's intention in recent suggestions?

No, I only suggested that as an optional optimization. We can't rely on
it, because the queries on standby should still work correctly if the
connection to primary is lost for some reason, or if the primary decides
not to honor standby's xmin, perhaps to avoid the usual issues with
long-running-transactions.