Re: incoherent view of serializable transactions

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: incoherent view of serializable transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Emmanuel Cecchet <manu@frogthinker.org> 12/22/08 11:42 PM >>>
> If you want to know how to build SERIALIZABLE with a database that
> provides SI (Snapshot Isolation), read
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1376616.137669
The link didn't seem to work for me, but I think I found the article
you meant:  "Serializable Isolation for Snapshot Databases"
by Michael J. Cahill, et al

An interesting work.  If nothing else, it will help flesh out the
documentation of anomalies.  If the PostgreSQL community ever
does want to better approach true serializable behavior, this
should provide a good theoretical basis.
Thanks very much for the cite.
> I still don't
> get why people would use SERIALIZABLE since there is no efficient
> implementation of it.
Read the last paragraph of the secion 1 (Introduction)
of the article you just cited.
-Kevin

От: "Pavan Deolasee"
Сообщение: Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items
От: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
Сообщение: merry christmas folks