Re: New redirector

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: New redirector
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> FYI - I've committed a new version of the URL redirector for downloads.
>
> The old version was being used for linkfilter-breakthrough to distribute
> viruses :-(
>
> Since I was hacking around that code anyway, I didn't just add a filter
> to it, but changed around how it works a bit. Apart from it no longer
> being possible to use it to break through stupid linkblockers, it has
> also made the URLs easier to read and copy/paste, and we're also storing
> the logging information in a way that's much easier to analyze than before.
>
> Do keep your eyes open for bugs, of course :-)

I have reverted the part of this that changes the format for logging,
because it turned out that it was impossible to wrestle the stackbuilder
traffic logging onto that format - since stackbuilder uses the
redirector to log arbitrary downloads, and not just things coming off
our mirror network. Also it seems that the mirror id primary key can
change around, and should not be used for logging.

I was not aware of these things, my apologies.

I think we're fine just loosing the info of the about 500 downloads that
happened into the new logging table. We could reconstruct the old format
from it, but I don't think it's worth it.

There should be no end-user visible changes in this revert, only the
backend logging.

//Magnus