Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1324)

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1324)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>> - Two new system columns ("security_acl" and "security_label") are added.
>>   The first one is for the Row-level ACLs, and the other is for the guest
>>   of PGACE security framework which is chosen by user.
>
> This is certainly an impressive patch.  I see you went with storing the
> values inline rather than using pg_security, which is wise, I think.
> "security_acl" is 'aclitem' (12 bytes) and "security_label" is 'text'.

No, the "security_acl" also uses pg_security to translate between
security id (4bytes) and "aclitem[]" (variable length).

The Row-level ACLs facility internally translate the given acl array
into its own text representation, and stores it within pg_security.
We can use a common facility here to manage both of "acl" and "label".

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>