Re: Another issue in default-values patch: defaults expanded too soon

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Another issue in default-values patch: defaults expanded too soon
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Consider
>
> create function foo(f1 int, f2 int = 42, f2 int = 43) ...
> create view v1 as select foo(11);
>
> In CVS HEAD this gives
>
> regression=# \d v1
>        View "public.v1"
>  Column |  Type   | Modifiers
> --------+---------+-----------
>  foo    | integer |
> View definition:
>  SELECT foo(11, 42, 43) AS foo;
>
> which is an accurate representation of the truth: if you change the
> defaults for function foo, v1 will keep on calling it with the old
> default values.
>
> Does anyone think this is either unsurprising or desirable?

Huh?  Shouldn't changing a function which a view depends on require a
rebuild of the view?

That is, I think we should treat changing the defaults the same as we
would changing the number and type of parameters; it kicks off a
dependency check and requires a CASCADE.

--Josh

Сообщение: Re: Another issue in default-values patch: defaults expanded too soon
Сообщение: Re: Another issue in default-values patch: defaults expanded too soon