Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I am, btw, still waiting for an actually plausible use-case for this.
> AFAICS the setjmp-vs-exceptions thing puts a very serious crimp in
> what you could hope to accomplish by importing a pile of C++ code.

The one use-case I can think of that imports a pile of C++ code
is the GEOS library that PostGIS uses (used?):

http://postgis.refractions.net/support/wiki/index.php?GEOS
"GEOS is a C++ port of the JTS Topology Suite. It is used by PostGIS to implement Topological functions. "

However it seems to work fine even without the C++-header project,
so I must be missing something here...