Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends

От James Mansion
Тема Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kurt Harriman wrote:
>   B) let the build farm do a nightly build with a C++ compiler
>      merely as a test to verify that no C++ compilation errors
>      are introduced, but continue to use C 'officially' for
>      builds and releases; or
This was the intent of my suggestion.

There can be advantages in that you can use a lot of C99 (and
still port to non-C99 envs eg MSVC) if you have a few ifdefs
to use std::vector instead of dynamic arrays, but the bigger issue
(for me) was always been that the name mangling means that
you find out pretty quickly if you have a mismatch between
declaration and definition of functions.

Attempting the link with C++ mangling can put this to rest,
even if you never try running it.

Сообщение: Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Сообщение: Re: WIP: default values for function parameters