Re: Sync Rep: First Thoughts on Code

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: Sync Rep: First Thoughts on Code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Tom Lane wrote:
> We won't call it anything, because we never will or can implement that.
> See the theory of relativity: the notion of exactly simultaneous events
> at distinct locations isn't even well-defined

That has never been the point of the discussion. It's rather about the
question if changes from transactions are guaranteed to be visible on
remote nodes immediately after commit acknowledgment. Whether or not
this is guaranteed, in both cases the term "synchronous replication" is
commonly used, which is causing confusion.

Regards

Markus Wanner