Re: Data Replication

От David Wall
Тема Re: Data Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We've done warm standby as you indicate, and we've not needed anything
special.

On the primary's postgresql.conf we use:

archive_command = '~/postgresql/bin/copyWAL "%p" "%f"'

Our copyWAL script is just a wrapper for 'scp' since we want to copy the
data encrypted over the network:

#!/bin/bash

WALPATH=$1
WALFILE=$2
WALCOPYLOG=~/postgresql/logs/WALcopy.log

echo $0 - $(date) - Copy WAL received PATH: $WALPATH and FILE: $WALFILE
 >> $WALCOPYLOG
echo $0 - $(date) - $(ls -l $PGDATA/$WALPATH) >> $WALCOPYLOG

scp -B -C -p "$WALPATH"
user@otherhost.com:postgresql/recoveryWALs/"$WALFILE"
RET=$?
if [ $RET -ne 0 ]; then
  echo $0 - $(date) - Copy WAL PATH: $WALPATH - failed to copy to backup
system, exit code: $RET >> $WALCOPYLOG
  exit RET
fi

# 0 exit status means successfully copied
exit 0;

On the warm standby, our recovery.conf uses pg_standby, which is part of
the contrib code:

restore_command = '~/postgresql/bin/pg_standby -l -d -t
~/postgresql/recoveryWALs/STOP_RECOVERY ~/postgresql/recoveryWALs %f %p
%r 2>> ~/po
stgresql/logs/pg_standby.log'

We have a script that puts the STOP_RECOVERY file in the specified
folder when we want it to go into live mode.

Hope this helps....

David