Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware
Дата
Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware  (Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane napsal(a):
> ohp@pyrenet.fr writes:
>> On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>> BTW, why does this work on warthog buildfarm member? Different compiler
>>> version?
>>>
>> it's configured with --enable-debug.
>> Maybe run_build.pl should run twice, onece with --enable-debug once
>> without.
>
> No, the standard way to deal with such issues is to set up two buildfarm
> members.  This would be a 100% waste of cycles for gcc-based members
> anyway, since gcc generates the same code with or without -g.  However,
> for compilers where it makes a difference, it might well be worth having
> an additional member to test the optimized build.

I think current infrastructures is not good for it. For example I would like to
compile postgres on one machine with three different compiler and in 32 or 64
mode. Should I have 6 animals? I think better idea is to have one animal and
several test sets. Animals defines HW+OS version and test set specify PG
version, configure switches, compiler and so on.
these are my two cents
    Zdenek