Re: ALTER composite type does not work, but ALTER TABLE which ROWTYPE is used as a type - works fine

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: ALTER composite type does not work, but ALTER TABLE which ROWTYPE is used as a type - works fine
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> This whole debate seems moot. We're not going to remove composite types
> created with CREATE TYPE, so the rest is irrelevant. We don't have the
> luxury of revisiting such decisions made many years ago, whether or not
> you think they were good.

You can always fix something.  It can be deprecated in favor of a
cleaner and more elagant method.

My two cents ... I never use CREATE TYPE AS, seems redundant and
limited.  I use CREATE TABLE and just never insert any records.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC