Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]

От Liraz Siri
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I hate to bring this up but --- although they download Postgres updates
> from Ubuntu, because it is a live cd don't they revert with a their
> CD-pressed version of Postgres every time they reboot.  :-(

Actually, TurnKey appliances are packages as *installable* Live CDs. You
can run the system live from the CD, but we consider that to be useful
mostly for demo/training scenarios. For more conventional usage
scenarios, you'll want to install the software appliance into a physical
machine, or a virtual machine (e.g., we use VirtualBox for testing).

Cheers,
Liraz

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: